If your name’s Pimp C I’m going to expect you to rhyme about pimping, if your name’s C Murder I’m going to expect you to rhyme about murder, and if your name’s Dangerflow I’m going to expect you to, you know, flow dangerously. Thankfully the Miami crew, making their The DJBooth debut today, live up to their name and then some with new release The Crown. Producers Low Key and Miami Beat Wave (whom we know well) build a cinematically royal beat on Crown that begins with a sparse piano line and by the end has climaxed into a violin battle, all backed by Dangerflow’s diverse blend of live instrumentation. Vocally the group flip Jay-Z and Kanye’s command for the world to watch their throne, instead urging listeners to get up and do everything they can to grab that crown for themselves. It’s an attitude that also pervades the title of their upcoming album, Win, Lose or Die, set to hit our collective ear drums on November 15. Until then, I think we could all afford to live a little more dangerously (musically speaking of course).
Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch Dangerflow’s Mupalia Pictures-direct “The Crown” video.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.