If your name’s Pimp C I’m going to expect you to rhyme about pimping, if your name’s C Murder I’m going to expect you to rhyme about murder, and if your name’s Dangerflow I’m going to expect you to, you know, flow dangerously. Thankfully the Miami crew, making their The DJBooth debut today, live up to their name and then some with new release The Crown. Producers Low Key and Miami Beat Wave (whom we know well) build a cinematically royal beat on Crown that begins with a sparse piano line and by the end has climaxed into a violin battle, all backed by Dangerflow’s diverse blend of live instrumentation. Vocally the group flip Jay-Z and Kanye’s command for the world to watch their throne, instead urging listeners to get up and do everything they can to grab that crown for themselves. It’s an attitude that also pervades the title of their upcoming album, Win, Lose or Die, set to hit our collective ear drums on November 15. Until then, I think we could all afford to live a little more dangerously (musically speaking of course).
Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch Dangerflow’s Mupalia Pictures-direct “The Crown” video.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)