If your name’s Pimp C I’m going to expect you to rhyme about pimping, if your name’s C Murder I’m going to expect you to rhyme about murder, and if your name’s Dangerflow I’m going to expect you to, you know, flow dangerously. Thankfully the Miami crew, making their The DJBooth debut today, live up to their name and then some with new release The Crown. Producers Low Key and Miami Beat Wave (whom we know well) build a cinematically royal beat on Crown that begins with a sparse piano line and by the end has climaxed into a violin battle, all backed by Dangerflow’s diverse blend of live instrumentation. Vocally the group flip Jay-Z and Kanye’s command for the world to watch their throne, instead urging listeners to get up and do everything they can to grab that crown for themselves. It’s an attitude that also pervades the title of their upcoming album, Win, Lose or Die, set to hit our collective ear drums on November 15. Until then, I think we could all afford to live a little more dangerously (musically speaking of course).
Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch Dangerflow’s Mupalia Pictures-direct “The Crown” video.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.