If your name’s Pimp C I’m going to expect you to rhyme about pimping, if your name’s C Murder I’m going to expect you to rhyme about murder, and if your name’s Dangerflow I’m going to expect you to, you know, flow dangerously. Thankfully the Miami crew, making their The DJBooth debut today, live up to their name and then some with new release The Crown. Producers Low Key and Miami Beat Wave (whom we know well) build a cinematically royal beat on Crown that begins with a sparse piano line and by the end has climaxed into a violin battle, all backed by Dangerflow’s diverse blend of live instrumentation. Vocally the group flip Jay-Z and Kanye’s command for the world to watch their throne, instead urging listeners to get up and do everything they can to grab that crown for themselves. It’s an attitude that also pervades the title of their upcoming album, Win, Lose or Die, set to hit our collective ear drums on November 15. Until then, I think we could all afford to live a little more dangerously (musically speaking of course).
Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch Dangerflow’s Mupalia Pictures-direct “The Crown” video.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)