A dope Booth debut is like a successful first date: after the initial rush wears off, you’re straight to obsessing over when you’ll get to see/hear that special individual/artist again. And in the event that he or she doesn’t seem quite as anxious to set up a second meeting/feature as you do, well, that’s when the paranoia sets in. If you’re one of the many readers who fell head-over-heels for Dangerflow when they dropped off The Crown back in October 2011, don’t fret—you didn’t have spinach in your teeth, and you didn’t talk about yourself too much. Though it’s been a minute, newly-leaked album cut I’m Late finds the Miami live-band crew back at our figurative doorstep in their Sunday best, holding a bouquet of fresh flowers. Miami Beat Wave team up with the crew’s instrumental contingent behind the boards, layering keyboard blurts and radiant brass over a fast-paced rhythm section as emcee Angel Ocean and singer Eric “E” Stinnett charge forth to make their rendezvous with destiny. Has this exhilarating jam put some wind in your sails? You can download Late for free via the group’s Bandcamp page, as well as clicking here to check out their forthcoming tour dates and go cop their Win, Lose or Die album, available now.
Written by richard on 01/18/12
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.