A dope Booth debut is like a successful first date: after the initial rush wears off, you’re straight to obsessing over when you’ll get to see/hear that special individual/artist again. And in the event that he or she doesn’t seem quite as anxious to set up a second meeting/feature as you do, well, that’s when the paranoia sets in. If you’re one of the many readers who fell head-over-heels for Dangerflow when they dropped off The Crown back in October 2011, don’t fret—you didn’t have spinach in your teeth, and you didn’t talk about yourself too much. Though it’s been a minute, newly-leaked album cut I’m Late finds the Miami live-band crew back at our figurative doorstep in their Sunday best, holding a bouquet of fresh flowers. Miami Beat Wave team up with the crew’s instrumental contingent behind the boards, layering keyboard blurts and radiant brass over a fast-paced rhythm section as emcee Angel Ocean and singer Eric “E” Stinnett charge forth to make their rendezvous with destiny. Has this exhilarating jam put some wind in your sails? You can download Late for free via the group’s Bandcamp page, as well as clicking here to check out their forthcoming tour dates and go cop their Win, Lose or Die album, available now.
Written by richard on 01/18/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.