It’s common knowledge that, when baby birds are ready to fly, the mother will encourage them to test their wings by punting them out of the nest. Common knowledge is, in this case, totally wrong—apparently, they tempt them to take the leap with food—but either way, it dovetails nicely with the central thesis of Dangerflow‘s latest feature: “You’ve gotta Fall Before You Fly.” On this new single, the Miami crew’s first feature since May 2012, frontman Angel Ocean offers listeners a glimpse into his mental, illuminating the internal conflict between ambition and self-doubt. Appropriately, E, Kevmo, Samuel L. Stanford and Money refuse to play it safe on the instrumental tip; their beat, created with the help of Miami Beat Wave, mixes hip-hop and rock instrumentation with the indigenous Colombian marimba and bombo. Featured on NBA Tonite this past weekend, this record will be part of the group’s album of the same name. Keep it locked for the latest on the set, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 02/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)