It’s common knowledge that, when baby birds are ready to fly, the mother will encourage them to test their wings by punting them out of the nest. Common knowledge is, in this case, totally wrong—apparently, they tempt them to take the leap with food—but either way, it dovetails nicely with the central thesis of Dangerflow‘s latest feature: “You’ve gotta Fall Before You Fly.” On this new single, the Miami crew’s first feature since May 2012, frontman Angel Ocean offers listeners a glimpse into his mental, illuminating the internal conflict between ambition and self-doubt. Appropriately, E, Kevmo, Samuel L. Stanford and Money refuse to play it safe on the instrumental tip; their beat, created with the help of Miami Beat Wave, mixes hip-hop and rock instrumentation with the indigenous Colombian marimba and bombo. Featured on NBA Tonite this past weekend, this record will be part of the group’s album of the same name. Keep it locked for the latest on the set, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 02/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Late" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.