Take it from someone who knows his anagrams: Dane Lawrence‘s latest feature is the f**king TSIH. On his first single of the new year, coming on the heels of late 2013’s First Five series, the Long Island representative shares one of the top items on his holiday wish list: “Wish n**gas stopped frontin’ and started being real.” A wholesale abandonment of fakeness may be unlikely, but Lawrence does his part to make that dream a reality, lacing Brian Allonce‘s shapeshifting sample work with raw and uncompromising lyrical flames. B.K. mic-murderer Skyzoo turns in a similarly witty, aggressive performance on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked; TSIH isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Dane Lawrence’s plans as further details are revealed.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.