Take it from someone who knows his anagrams: Dane Lawrence‘s latest feature is the f**king TSIH. On his first single of the new year, coming on the heels of late 2013’s First Five series, the Long Island representative shares one of the top items on his holiday wish list: “Wish n**gas stopped frontin’ and started being real.” A wholesale abandonment of fakeness may be unlikely, but Lawrence does his part to make that dream a reality, lacing Brian Allonce‘s shapeshifting sample work with raw and uncompromising lyrical flames. B.K. mic-murderer Skyzoo turns in a similarly witty, aggressive performance on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked; TSIH isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Dane Lawrence’s plans as further details are revealed.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.