Take it from someone who knows his anagrams: Dane Lawrence‘s latest feature is the f**king TSIH. On his first single of the new year, coming on the heels of late 2013’s First Five series, the Long Island representative shares one of the top items on his holiday wish list: “Wish n**gas stopped frontin’ and started being real.” A wholesale abandonment of fakeness may be unlikely, but Lawrence does his part to make that dream a reality, lacing Brian Allonce‘s shapeshifting sample work with raw and uncompromising lyrical flames. B.K. mic-murderer Skyzoo turns in a similarly witty, aggressive performance on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked; TSIH isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Dane Lawrence’s plans as further details are revealed.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)