Take it from someone who knows his anagrams: Dane Lawrence‘s latest feature is the f**king TSIH. On his first single of the new year, coming on the heels of late 2013’s First Five series, the Long Island representative shares one of the top items on his holiday wish list: “Wish n**gas stopped frontin’ and started being real.” A wholesale abandonment of fakeness may be unlikely, but Lawrence does his part to make that dream a reality, lacing Brian Allonce‘s shapeshifting sample work with raw and uncompromising lyrical flames. B.K. mic-murderer Skyzoo turns in a similarly witty, aggressive performance on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked; TSIH isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Dane Lawrence’s plans as further details are revealed.
Written by richard on 01/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.