The other night had a dream that I was given the opportunity to interview Kanye West (perhaps a sign I’ve been working too much?). It is for this reason, and many others, that allows me to know exactly what Booth newcomer Dane Lawrence means when he spits, “Something like a dream and I never wanna wake up.” I’m sure everyone with a big dream will relate to Dane’s latest effort, Beamer Thoughts, too. Atop producer Brian Allonce’s swooning, sample driven beat, the Long Island native delivers introspective and humble bars in a blunted, stretched flow. Looking to spread Dane’s dream? Beamer Thoughts is part of the artist’s upcoming First Five EP series.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)