The other night had a dream that I was given the opportunity to interview Kanye West (perhaps a sign I’ve been working too much?). It is for this reason, and many others, that allows me to know exactly what Booth newcomer Dane Lawrence means when he spits, “Something like a dream and I never wanna wake up.” I’m sure everyone with a big dream will relate to Dane’s latest effort, Beamer Thoughts, too. Atop producer Brian Allonce’s swooning, sample driven beat, the Long Island native delivers introspective and humble bars in a blunted, stretched flow. Looking to spread Dane’s dream? Beamer Thoughts is part of the artist’s upcoming First Five EP series.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.