The other night had a dream that I was given the opportunity to interview Kanye West (perhaps a sign I’ve been working too much?). It is for this reason, and many others, that allows me to know exactly what Booth newcomer Dane Lawrence means when he spits, “Something like a dream and I never wanna wake up.” I’m sure everyone with a big dream will relate to Dane’s latest effort, Beamer Thoughts, too. Atop producer Brian Allonce’s swooning, sample driven beat, the Long Island native delivers introspective and humble bars in a blunted, stretched flow. Looking to spread Dane’s dream? Beamer Thoughts is part of the artist’s upcoming First Five EP series.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.