Radio play can get a bad rap in hip-hop circles, but there’s still no better feeling than hearing that song you’ve been wanting to hear all day finally coming through the radio waves. It’s a feeling emcee Danami knows well. Previously seen rapping alongside MaLLy, for his solo DJBooth debut he grabs an acoustically oriented instrumental and hook from Emily King and Jeremy Most to tell a tale of a woman whose heart can only truly be reached through music. Radio is part of Danami’s aptly named Inspired by Emily EP, which flips select cuts from Emily King’s The Seven EP. Who knows, maybe you’ll even hear this one on your local radio station by the time his currently unscheduled sophomore album, Delayed Gratification, finally drops.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nightmares of America" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.