Radio play can get a bad rap in hip-hop circles, but there’s still no better feeling than hearing that song you’ve been wanting to hear all day finally coming through the radio waves. It’s a feeling emcee Danami knows well. Previously seen rapping alongside MaLLy, for his solo DJBooth debut he grabs an acoustically oriented instrumental and hook from Emily King and Jeremy Most to tell a tale of a woman whose heart can only truly be reached through music. Radio is part of Danami’s aptly named Inspired by Emily EP, which flips select cuts from Emily King’s The Seven EP. Who knows, maybe you’ll even hear this one on your local radio station by the time his currently unscheduled sophomore album, Delayed Gratification, finally drops.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nightmares of America" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.