Radio play can get a bad rap in hip-hop circles, but there’s still no better feeling than hearing that song you’ve been wanting to hear all day finally coming through the radio waves. It’s a feeling emcee Danami knows well. Previously seen rapping alongside MaLLy, for his solo DJBooth debut he grabs an acoustically oriented instrumental and hook from Emily King and Jeremy Most to tell a tale of a woman whose heart can only truly be reached through music. Radio is part of Danami’s aptly named Inspired by Emily EP, which flips select cuts from Emily King’s The Seven EP. Who knows, maybe you’ll even hear this one on your local radio station by the time his currently unscheduled sophomore album, Delayed Gratification, finally drops.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nightmares of America" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.