Radio play can get a bad rap in hip-hop circles, but there’s still no better feeling than hearing that song you’ve been wanting to hear all day finally coming through the radio waves. It’s a feeling emcee Danami knows well. Previously seen rapping alongside MaLLy, for his solo DJBooth debut he grabs an acoustically oriented instrumental and hook from Emily King and Jeremy Most to tell a tale of a woman whose heart can only truly be reached through music. Radio is part of Danami’s aptly named Inspired by Emily EP, which flips select cuts from Emily King’s The Seven EP. Who knows, maybe you’ll even hear this one on your local radio station by the time his currently unscheduled sophomore album, Delayed Gratification, finally drops.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nightmares of America" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.