Radio play can get a bad rap in hip-hop circles, but there’s still no better feeling than hearing that song you’ve been wanting to hear all day finally coming through the radio waves. It’s a feeling emcee Danami knows well. Previously seen rapping alongside MaLLy, for his solo DJBooth debut he grabs an acoustically oriented instrumental and hook from Emily King and Jeremy Most to tell a tale of a woman whose heart can only truly be reached through music. Radio is part of Danami’s aptly named Inspired by Emily EP, which flips select cuts from Emily King’s The Seven EP. Who knows, maybe you’ll even hear this one on your local radio station by the time his currently unscheduled sophomore album, Delayed Gratification, finally drops.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nightmares of America" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.