Like many a formerly-hot button issue, à la Kony or the Occupy movement, the debate over gun control seems to have been forgotten by most Americans, who are eager to move on to the next big story. Thankfully, we have artists like Danami to continue the dialogue around gun control and bullying. While the subject matter of Nightmares of America is not the most uplifting, Danami does a good job of keeping spirits up, delivering his bars in a crisp and engaging flow. The production from Duke Hugh might send chills up your spine, thanks to the fluttering beat as well as some haunting samples from news reports on the Sandy Hook massacre. There’s been no word on any larger forthcoming project from the emcee, but those craving more are encouraged to check out Danami’s first Booth feature, Radio, featured last July.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.