Like many a formerly-hot button issue, à la Kony or the Occupy movement, the debate over gun control seems to have been forgotten by most Americans, who are eager to move on to the next big story. Thankfully, we have artists like Danami to continue the dialogue around gun control and bullying. While the subject matter of Nightmares of America is not the most uplifting, Danami does a good job of keeping spirits up, delivering his bars in a crisp and engaging flow. The production from Duke Hugh might send chills up your spine, thanks to the fluttering beat as well as some haunting samples from news reports on the Sandy Hook massacre. There’s been no word on any larger forthcoming project from the emcee, but those craving more are encouraged to check out Danami’s first Booth feature, Radio, featured last July.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.