Like many a formerly-hot button issue, à la Kony or the Occupy movement, the debate over gun control seems to have been forgotten by most Americans, who are eager to move on to the next big story. Thankfully, we have artists like Danami to continue the dialogue around gun control and bullying. While the subject matter of Nightmares of America is not the most uplifting, Danami does a good job of keeping spirits up, delivering his bars in a crisp and engaging flow. The production from Duke Hugh might send chills up your spine, thanks to the fluttering beat as well as some haunting samples from news reports on the Sandy Hook massacre. There’s been no word on any larger forthcoming project from the emcee, but those craving more are encouraged to check out Danami’s first Booth feature, Radio, featured last July.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.