Yesterday, you probably had no idea you needed Dana in your life. Tomorrow, you’re going to be pining for her return to our pages. Alas, such is love. On her debut DJBooth feature, a new single off her latest full-length, the Hollywood resident expresses her ambivalence regarding her current man. Though she’d have to be blind not to see that their relationship is headed down the tubes, she’s still far too attached to walk away from him for good. Herag Sanbalian‘s melancholy, keyboard-led production backs the songstress as she waxes soulfully indecisive. An unknown director provides the cut’s bittersweet official visuals. Has this elegiac jam left you hooked on Dana’s smooth, retro-informed style? If so, you’re sure to find more to your liking on her Love, Dana LP, available on iTunes as of the 17th.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
Sonic Villain Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.