Yesterday, you probably had no idea you needed Dana in your life. Tomorrow, you’re going to be pining for her return to our pages. Alas, such is love. On her debut DJBooth feature, a new single off her latest full-length, the Hollywood resident expresses her ambivalence regarding her current man. Though she’d have to be blind not to see that their relationship is headed down the tubes, she’s still far too attached to walk away from him for good. Herag Sanbalian‘s melancholy, keyboard-led production backs the songstress as she waxes soulfully indecisive. An unknown director provides the cut’s bittersweet official visuals. Has this elegiac jam left you hooked on Dana’s smooth, retro-informed style? If so, you’re sure to find more to your liking on her Love, Dana LP, available on iTunes as of the 17th.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
Sonic Villain Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.