Last we heard from DK, it was summer of 2013 and he was checking his six for snakes in the grass on reader-approved promo single Which One. A year almost to the day later, the unsigned Chicago repper returns—under the revised stage name Dan Kanvis—with a lead LP single whose vibe couldn’t be further removed from the aforementioned joint’s paranoia. On Never Too Much, a breezy, headphone-ready beat by SpazzbotEXE accompanies the artist as he shares some laissez-faire ruminations on life’s pleasures. Windy City twosome theWHOevers assist on the guest tip, and DK’s own official visuals (his directorial debut) round out the package. Feeling it? More awaits on forthcoming full-length Windows, which is currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 08/20/14
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.