Most artists, after making a strong DJBooth debut, would be inclined to capitalize on that buzz with a prompt follow-up feature. Not Dan Black; following his introduction to our pages with 2010’s Kid CuDi-assisted Symphonies (Remix), the British recording artist and producer decided that the winning strategy would be to wait quietly for three entire years, then jump out and ambush us with a fresh record when we’re least expecting it. OK, maybe it wasn’t quite that premeditated. In any case, Boothgoers could hardly ask for a doper surprise than new single Hearts, a high-energy jam created in collaboration with Kelis. Over his own airy, yet driving club boardwork, Black and the veteran pop songstress showcase their vocal chemistry as they deliver cryptic lines on the topic of heartache. Chic & Artistic direct the joint’s unique, “human time-lapse” visuals. Part of a forthcoming album tentatively titled Do Not Revenge, this single will be released to Germany’s iTunes store next Friday, June 21.
Written by richard on 06/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Symphonies (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)