Most artists, after making a strong DJBooth debut, would be inclined to capitalize on that buzz with a prompt follow-up feature. Not Dan Black; following his introduction to our pages with 2010’s Kid CuDi-assisted Symphonies (Remix), the British recording artist and producer decided that the winning strategy would be to wait quietly for three entire years, then jump out and ambush us with a fresh record when we’re least expecting it. OK, maybe it wasn’t quite that premeditated. In any case, Boothgoers could hardly ask for a doper surprise than new single Hearts, a high-energy jam created in collaboration with Kelis. Over his own airy, yet driving club boardwork, Black and the veteran pop songstress showcase their vocal chemistry as they deliver cryptic lines on the topic of heartache. Chic & Artistic direct the joint’s unique, “human time-lapse” visuals. Part of a forthcoming album tentatively titled Do Not Revenge, this single will be released to Germany’s iTunes store next Friday, June 21.
Written by richard on 06/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Symphonies (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)