Most artists, after making a strong DJBooth debut, would be inclined to capitalize on that buzz with a prompt follow-up feature. Not Dan Black; following his introduction to our pages with 2010’s Kid CuDi-assisted Symphonies (Remix), the British recording artist and producer decided that the winning strategy would be to wait quietly for three entire years, then jump out and ambush us with a fresh record when we’re least expecting it. OK, maybe it wasn’t quite that premeditated. In any case, Boothgoers could hardly ask for a doper surprise than new single Hearts, a high-energy jam created in collaboration with Kelis. Over his own airy, yet driving club boardwork, Black and the veteran pop songstress showcase their vocal chemistry as they deliver cryptic lines on the topic of heartache. Chic & Artistic direct the joint’s unique, “human time-lapse” visuals. Part of a forthcoming album tentatively titled Do Not Revenge, this single will be released to Germany’s iTunes store next Friday, June 21.
Written by richard on 06/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Symphonies (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.