Most artists, after making a strong DJBooth debut, would be inclined to capitalize on that buzz with a prompt follow-up feature. Not Dan Black; following his introduction to our pages with 2010’s Kid CuDi-assisted Symphonies (Remix), the British recording artist and producer decided that the winning strategy would be to wait quietly for three entire years, then jump out and ambush us with a fresh record when we’re least expecting it. OK, maybe it wasn’t quite that premeditated. In any case, Boothgoers could hardly ask for a doper surprise than new single Hearts, a high-energy jam created in collaboration with Kelis. Over his own airy, yet driving club boardwork, Black and the veteran pop songstress showcase their vocal chemistry as they deliver cryptic lines on the topic of heartache. Chic & Artistic direct the joint’s unique, “human time-lapse” visuals. Part of a forthcoming album tentatively titled Do Not Revenge, this single will be released to Germany’s iTunes store next Friday, June 21.
Written by richard on 06/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Symphonies (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.