Thursdays are often known as Throwback Thursdays, but here in the DJBooth, this Thursday is all about the future. Making his first of what is sure to be many Booth appearances is future R&B star Damon Daye. Though he isn’t a household name now, with a few more features like Sides, he will certainly become one. Behind the boards, Kmelz brews up a reggae-inspired beat that is perfect for Daye’s unique approach. Sure he might be an R&B singer, but Damon’s vocals have a little bit of pop and a little bit of rock in em (thanks to the raspy feel). The blend is unique and intoxicating. There is no news on any larger projects in the works, but I have a feeling he’ll be returning to our pages sooner rather than later.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/13/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.