Thursdays are often known as Throwback Thursdays, but here in the DJBooth, this Thursday is all about the future. Making his first of what is sure to be many Booth appearances is future R&B star Damon Daye. Though he isn’t a household name now, with a few more features like Sides, he will certainly become one. Behind the boards, Kmelz brews up a reggae-inspired beat that is perfect for Daye’s unique approach. Sure he might be an R&B singer, but Damon’s vocals have a little bit of pop and a little bit of rock in em (thanks to the raspy feel). The blend is unique and intoxicating. There is no news on any larger projects in the works, but I have a feeling he’ll be returning to our pages sooner rather than later.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.