Thursdays are often known as Throwback Thursdays, but here in the DJBooth, this Thursday is all about the future. Making his first of what is sure to be many Booth appearances is future R&B star Damon Daye. Though he isn’t a household name now, with a few more features like Sides, he will certainly become one. Behind the boards, Kmelz brews up a reggae-inspired beat that is perfect for Daye’s unique approach. Sure he might be an R&B singer, but Damon’s vocals have a little bit of pop and a little bit of rock in em (thanks to the raspy feel). The blend is unique and intoxicating. There is no news on any larger projects in the works, but I have a feeling he’ll be returning to our pages sooner rather than later.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/13/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)