Thursdays are often known as Throwback Thursdays, but here in the DJBooth, this Thursday is all about the future. Making his first of what is sure to be many Booth appearances is future R&B star Damon Daye. Though he isn’t a household name now, with a few more features like Sides, he will certainly become one. Behind the boards, Kmelz brews up a reggae-inspired beat that is perfect for Daye’s unique approach. Sure he might be an R&B singer, but Damon’s vocals have a little bit of pop and a little bit of rock in em (thanks to the raspy feel). The blend is unique and intoxicating. There is no news on any larger projects in the works, but I have a feeling he’ll be returning to our pages sooner rather than later.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.