Behind every great artist and every hot track lies an uncelebrated posse of producers, partners, and protégés. The success of DMX’s quadruple-platinum debut, It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot, is often credited to Swizz Beatz, but in reality it was Dame Grease who did the lion’s share of production for the album. Jim Jones’s ‘06 hit We Fly High, arguably rap’s biggest commercial success that year, was ghostwritten by the prison-bound Max B of the Diplomats. Assisted by rapper Messiah, Grease and Max B combine their relatively unsung talents to create Connecticut Kush, the first single from Grease’s upcoming album, Goon Muzik. The single is more than just a certified banger; it is the unveiling of two artists who have spent their careers making other people famous.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/14/08
Vacant Lot Records/LOTMUSIK
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sour Diesel ft. N.O.R.E. & Styles P." (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.