Behind every great artist and every hot track lies an uncelebrated posse of producers, partners, and protégés. The success of DMX’s quadruple-platinum debut, It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot, is often credited to Swizz Beatz, but in reality it was Dame Grease who did the lion’s share of production for the album. Jim Jones’s ‘06 hit We Fly High, arguably rap’s biggest commercial success that year, was ghostwritten by the prison-bound Max B of the Diplomats. Assisted by rapper Messiah, Grease and Max B combine their relatively unsung talents to create Connecticut Kush, the first single from Grease’s upcoming album, Goon Muzik. The single is more than just a certified banger; it is the unveiling of two artists who have spent their careers making other people famous.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/14/08
Submit your Rating
Vacant Lot Records/LOTMUSIK
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sour Diesel ft. N.O.R.E. & Styles P." (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.