Behind every great artist and every hot track lies an uncelebrated posse of producers, partners, and protégés. The success of DMX’s quadruple-platinum debut, It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot, is often credited to Swizz Beatz, but in reality it was Dame Grease who did the lion’s share of production for the album. Jim Jones’s ‘06 hit We Fly High, arguably rap’s biggest commercial success that year, was ghostwritten by the prison-bound Max B of the Diplomats. Assisted by rapper Messiah, Grease and Max B combine their relatively unsung talents to create Connecticut Kush, the first single from Grease’s upcoming album, Goon Muzik. The single is more than just a certified banger; it is the unveiling of two artists who have spent their careers making other people famous.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/14/08
Vacant Lot Records/LOTMUSIK
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sour Diesel ft. N.O.R.E. & Styles P." (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.