They always say that Paris is the city of love. With that in mind, isn’t it fitting that the visuals for Damani‘s new single, Now That’s Love, were filmed in Paris, the most romantic city on earth? As Damani sees the sights with a special lady, he engages listeners with an understated, cool flow, rapping about all kinds of amour, from the love of a good woman to the love of hip-hop or sports. As if the lyrics and setting weren’t enough, Musiq Soulchild‘s smooth vocals glide atop Warryn Campbell‘s production (which features the exceptional Robert Glasper behind the keys) to create a smooth, jazzy ambiance. This jazzy number is the first single off Damani’s forthcoming Thoughtful King project
Written by Lucas G. on 03/6/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Somethin' Home ft. Fatman Scoop" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.