They always say that Paris is the city of love. With that in mind, isn’t it fitting that the visuals for Damani‘s new single, Now That’s Love, were filmed in Paris, the most romantic city on earth? As Damani sees the sights with a special lady, he engages listeners with an understated, cool flow, rapping about all kinds of amour, from the love of a good woman to the love of hip-hop or sports. As if the lyrics and setting weren’t enough, Musiq Soulchild‘s smooth vocals glide atop Warryn Campbell‘s production (which features the exceptional Robert Glasper behind the keys) to create a smooth, jazzy ambiance. This jazzy number is the first single off Damani’s forthcoming Thoughtful King project
Written by Lucas G. on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Somethin' Home ft. Fatman Scoop" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)