They always say that Paris is the city of love. With that in mind, isn’t it fitting that the visuals for Damani‘s new single, Now That’s Love, were filmed in Paris, the most romantic city on earth? As Damani sees the sights with a special lady, he engages listeners with an understated, cool flow, rapping about all kinds of amour, from the love of a good woman to the love of hip-hop or sports. As if the lyrics and setting weren’t enough, Musiq Soulchild‘s smooth vocals glide atop Warryn Campbell‘s production (which features the exceptional Robert Glasper behind the keys) to create a smooth, jazzy ambiance. This jazzy number is the first single off Damani’s forthcoming Thoughtful King project
Written by Lucas G. on 03/6/14
In anticipation of the project's retail release on Tuesday, June 3, Damani Nkosi is offering up his latest album, Thoughtful King, for full, free streaming exclusively in The DJBooth. The album includes a total of 11...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Somethin' Home ft. Fatman Scoop" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)