They always say that Paris is the city of love. With that in mind, isn’t it fitting that the visuals for Damani‘s new single, Now That’s Love, were filmed in Paris, the most romantic city on earth? As Damani sees the sights with a special lady, he engages listeners with an understated, cool flow, rapping about all kinds of amour, from the love of a good woman to the love of hip-hop or sports. As if the lyrics and setting weren’t enough, Musiq Soulchild‘s smooth vocals glide atop Warryn Campbell‘s production (which features the exceptional Robert Glasper behind the keys) to create a smooth, jazzy ambiance. This jazzy number is the first single off Damani’s forthcoming Thoughtful King project
Written by Lucas G. on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Somethin' Home ft. Fatman Scoop" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.