Looking for some pointers on developing the combination of diligence, skill, drive and panache that makes Damani the paragon of freshness that he is? Well… tough luck. On this newly-released single, the Westurn Union member admits that there’s no trick to it at all; he’s simply Been This Way since he came out his mother’s womb. Disappointing as this revelation may be, Damani breaks the news to his would-be imitators in such a fresh fashion that they’ll soon be nodding along in spite of themselves. Flowing over My God producer Hit-Boy‘s gritty organ grooves, the Inglewood emcee chronicles his lifelong relationship with greatness, waxing poetic about his inborn drive to obtain currency, his facility with females and his spotless appearance, all the while showcasing a self-assured swag befitting a Snoop Dogg cosignee. And he’s versatile to boot, doubling as his own hookman on the hummable chorus. Like what you’re hearing? Even if you don’t share Damani’s inherently fresh genetic makeup, you’ll be able to bask in his radiance Feb. 23, when his On Vacation From Vacation LP hits record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 02/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Somethin' Home ft. Fatman Scoop" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.