Spokane, Washington soul singer Dallas Parker is not the type to downplay his strengths – I mean, the guy’s MySpace bio contains the line, “To say that he is a good stage performer is an understatement that borders insult,” which I would find narcissistic if it weren’t so damned funny. On his Booth debut, Levitated, he expresses similar confidence in his between-the-sheets expertise, claiming a level of sexual prowess so advanced as to defy the law of gravity. I mean, damn. Out-of-this-world boasts aside, though, Parker comes with a sensual, throwback sound sure to leave the Booth’s resident R&B-lovers bewitched – over Adrian‘s chilled-out, jazzy instrumental, the singer showcases his smooth baritone and falsetto vocal stylings, crooning such clever come-ons as, “Girl your body’s a temple, and I just wanna come inside and give some praise.” For more seductive, retro-informed jams from this justifiably self-confident up-and-comer, grab a copy of his Reform LP when it hits stores this December.
Written by richard on 10/29/09
Submit your Rating
The Academy, LLC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)