Spokane, Washington soul singer Dallas Parker is not the type to downplay his strengths – I mean, the guy’s MySpace bio contains the line, “To say that he is a good stage performer is an understatement that borders insult,” which I would find narcissistic if it weren’t so damned funny. On his Booth debut, Levitated, he expresses similar confidence in his between-the-sheets expertise, claiming a level of sexual prowess so advanced as to defy the law of gravity. I mean, damn. Out-of-this-world boasts aside, though, Parker comes with a sensual, throwback sound sure to leave the Booth’s resident R&B-lovers bewitched – over Adrian‘s chilled-out, jazzy instrumental, the singer showcases his smooth baritone and falsetto vocal stylings, crooning such clever come-ons as, “Girl your body’s a temple, and I just wanna come inside and give some praise.” For more seductive, retro-informed jams from this justifiably self-confident up-and-comer, grab a copy of his Reform LP when it hits stores this December.
Listen to More: Dallas Parker
Written by richard on 10/29/09
The Academy, LLC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.