Spokane, Washington soul singer Dallas Parker is not the type to downplay his strengths – I mean, the guy’s MySpace bio contains the line, “To say that he is a good stage performer is an understatement that borders insult,” which I would find narcissistic if it weren’t so damned funny. On his Booth debut, Levitated, he expresses similar confidence in his between-the-sheets expertise, claiming a level of sexual prowess so advanced as to defy the law of gravity. I mean, damn. Out-of-this-world boasts aside, though, Parker comes with a sensual, throwback sound sure to leave the Booth’s resident R&B-lovers bewitched – over Adrian‘s chilled-out, jazzy instrumental, the singer showcases his smooth baritone and falsetto vocal stylings, crooning such clever come-ons as, “Girl your body’s a temple, and I just wanna come inside and give some praise.” For more seductive, retro-informed jams from this justifiably self-confident up-and-comer, grab a copy of his Reform LP when it hits stores this December.
Written by richard on 10/29/09
Submit your Rating
The Academy, LLC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.