It’s been a minute since last we heard from Dallas Blocker – 390,240 minutes, actually (shouts to Timeanddate.com‘s duration calculator!). Besides signing to a new label situation with Swishahouse/T.F. Records, the Houston singer/songwriter/producer hasn’t changed a bit in those nine months; as evidenced by new single Rock Ya Body, Blocker’s still all about steamy beats, silky-smooth game-spitting and, most of all, the ladies. Southern production duo Beanz N Kornbread man the boards, serving up a synth-heavy slow jam instrumental as the singer tells his girl exactly what’s on his mind: “I wanna touch your body, touchin’ it all night long, until the break of dawn…” Dallas’ lyrical approach is straightforward, but his sensual delivery, along with BnK’s simmering boardwork, make for a track that should sweep many of our resident R&B-lovers off their feet. If RYB rocks your world, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest tunes off the singer’s 2 the Room LP, scheduled to hit stores and online retailers sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 01/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.