Sorry, ladies; Dallas Blocker‘s N.L.F.L. right now. (That’s “Not Looking for Love,” for those who don’t enjoy guessing acronyms.) But if you’re cool with keeping things low-key, the indie-R&B singer does have an opening for a jump-off. On this newly-released promo single, premiering on our front page in tandem with its release to radio stations in the Chicago, L.A., ATL and Houston markets, the Blockerboy boss paints a lyrical portrait of his ideal candidate: “I’m just lookin’ for somebody who will hold me down / Ain’t perfect but they worth my time… and when we in bed, better blow my mind.” Mike Reeves provides a slow-burning synth backdrop for Dallas’s vocally-impressive verses and hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; N.L.F.L. is unattached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on Blocker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.