Sorry, ladies; Dallas Blocker‘s N.L.F.L. right now. (That’s “Not Looking for Love,” for those who don’t enjoy guessing acronyms.) But if you’re cool with keeping things low-key, the indie-R&B singer does have an opening for a jump-off. On this newly-released promo single, premiering on our front page in tandem with its release to radio stations in the Chicago, L.A., ATL and Houston markets, the Blockerboy boss paints a lyrical portrait of his ideal candidate: “I’m just lookin’ for somebody who will hold me down / Ain’t perfect but they worth my time… and when we in bed, better blow my mind.” Mike Reeves provides a slow-burning synth backdrop for Dallas’s vocally-impressive verses and hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; N.L.F.L. is unattached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on Blocker’s plans as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.