Sorry, ladies; Dallas Blocker‘s N.L.F.L. right now. (That’s “Not Looking for Love,” for those who don’t enjoy guessing acronyms.) But if you’re cool with keeping things low-key, the indie-R&B singer does have an opening for a jump-off. On this newly-released promo single, premiering on our front page in tandem with its release to radio stations in the Chicago, L.A., ATL and Houston markets, the Blockerboy boss paints a lyrical portrait of his ideal candidate: “I’m just lookin’ for somebody who will hold me down / Ain’t perfect but they worth my time… and when we in bed, better blow my mind.” Mike Reeves provides a slow-burning synth backdrop for Dallas’s vocally-impressive verses and hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; N.L.F.L. is unattached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on Blocker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.