Sorry, ladies; Dallas Blocker‘s N.L.F.L. right now. (That’s “Not Looking for Love,” for those who don’t enjoy guessing acronyms.) But if you’re cool with keeping things low-key, the indie-R&B singer does have an opening for a jump-off. On this newly-released promo single, premiering on our front page in tandem with its release to radio stations in the Chicago, L.A., ATL and Houston markets, the Blockerboy boss paints a lyrical portrait of his ideal candidate: “I’m just lookin’ for somebody who will hold me down / Ain’t perfect but they worth my time… and when we in bed, better blow my mind.” Mike Reeves provides a slow-burning synth backdrop for Dallas’s vocally-impressive verses and hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; N.L.F.L. is unattached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on Blocker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.