It takes audacity for an R&B singer to give a single the same title as one of the greatest bedroom burners of all time; can Dallas Blocker‘s Lets Get It On measure up to its 1976 predecessor? Well, while Marvin Gaye is a damn near impossible act to follow, the Houston singer/songwriter turns in a valiant effort, delivering soulful pillow talk over J Long‘s mood-setting synth production. Feeling it? This joint is just one of many quality cuts set for inclusion on Blocker’s forthcoming, X-Tape project, scheduled for free digital release this spring.
Written by richard on 02/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)