It takes audacity for an R&B singer to give a single the same title as one of the greatest bedroom burners of all time; can Dallas Blocker‘s Lets Get It On measure up to its 1976 predecessor? Well, while Marvin Gaye is a damn near impossible act to follow, the Houston singer/songwriter turns in a valiant effort, delivering soulful pillow talk over J Long‘s mood-setting synth production. Feeling it? This joint is just one of many quality cuts set for inclusion on Blocker’s forthcoming, X-Tape project, scheduled for free digital release this spring.
Written by richard on 02/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.