Normally, as a rule of thumb, I try to avoid using an Elevator. Not only is it more healthy to take the stairs, but it’s always awkward when you ride with a stranger. Do you spend the ride making small talk or just stand in silence? Despite my aversion to elevators, I really dig Dallas Blocker’s new jam. On the latest cut off his forthcoming album, Blocker invites a curly headed girl to ride his elevator, and with a unique vocal performance which rings out atop the almost 8-bit sounding production from Jerrin Howard, how can she refuse? The Texan combines his distinct R&B stylings with a little bit of hip-hop, adding am uncharacteristic rapped verse at the song’s end. While you wait for news on his currently untitled and unscheduled project, take a listen to Blocker’s previous features, including last year’s Lets Get It On.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.