Normally, as a rule of thumb, I try to avoid using an Elevator. Not only is it more healthy to take the stairs, but it’s always awkward when you ride with a stranger. Do you spend the ride making small talk or just stand in silence? Despite my aversion to elevators, I really dig Dallas Blocker’s new jam. On the latest cut off his forthcoming album, Blocker invites a curly headed girl to ride his elevator, and with a unique vocal performance which rings out atop the almost 8-bit sounding production from Jerrin Howard, how can she refuse? The Texan combines his distinct R&B stylings with a little bit of hip-hop, adding am uncharacteristic rapped verse at the song’s end. While you wait for news on his currently untitled and unscheduled project, take a listen to Blocker’s previous features, including last year’s Lets Get It On.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.