In the three years since we first started featuring new music for full-length streaming, the Booth has made major strides in the online music community, bringing you everything from exclusive interviews to world premieres all the way to our recently-launched freestyle series. Today, you, the readers, will get to help decide the fate of a potential single, presented to us by Houston-based R&B singer Dallas Blocker. Spotting a lady in the club who’s left her Boyfriend at home, Dallas spits some major game in hopes that he can take her home and get it in just “Like I Was Your Boyfriend.” Blocker’s radio-ready vocals, comparable to many of R&B’s biggest names, along with the topical appeal and D-Botts’ mid-tempo beat, add up to a record with all the makings of a hit—the only question remaining is, will it get the push it needs to win radio and DJ spins? The power is in your hands, Booth-heads, so use it wisely!
Written by Burmy on 04/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.