In the three years since we first started featuring new music for full-length streaming, the Booth has made major strides in the online music community, bringing you everything from exclusive interviews to world premieres all the way to our recently-launched freestyle series. Today, you, the readers, will get to help decide the fate of a potential single, presented to us by Houston-based R&B singer Dallas Blocker. Spotting a lady in the club who’s left her Boyfriend at home, Dallas spits some major game in hopes that he can take her home and get it in just “Like I Was Your Boyfriend.” Blocker’s radio-ready vocals, comparable to many of R&B’s biggest names, along with the topical appeal and D-Botts’ mid-tempo beat, add up to a record with all the makings of a hit—the only question remaining is, will it get the push it needs to win radio and DJ spins? The power is in your hands, Booth-heads, so use it wisely!
Written by Burmy on 04/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.