The relationship is over, but you can’t seem to move on. Now, raise your hand if that scenario sounds vaguely familiar? If so, you’re in luck; because you aren’t the only one experiencing this emotional struggle. Already raising his hand is Houston native, Dallas Blocker, who tackles the issue of permanent separation on his new song, Alone. Penned, produced and performed by Blocker, Alone is an up-tempo R&B record that caters to the both the radio and the club while maintaining the integrity of its message. Currently in the process of leaving his label home at Universal Republic, Blocker plans to release his debut album via his own production company, Blockerboy Music, LLC., in the near future. Will he make the transition Alone, or with your support?
Written by DJ Z on 09/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For The Hood ft. Dallas Blocker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.