Pharrell, Kanye, Swizz Beatz: the list of producers who’ve stepped out from behind the boards and in front of the mic is endless. What makes noted hitmaker Dallas Austin different from these others? To start, the Dallas Austin Experience, as he calls his new venture, has a funk-soul sound that comes as a surprise. Take his new single Exasperated for example. As soon as the song begins, you’re launched into another world by the muttering of the artist. Heavenly flutes, brash percussion, and other instruments combine their powers to create a marching band sound as Austin’s robotic vocals proclaim his irritation with the world. The tune, produced by Austin, can be found on his forthcoming project, 8 Daze a Weakend.
Written by Carly on 08/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Girls In Da Bathroom" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.