Pharrell, Kanye, Swizz Beatz: the list of producers who’ve stepped out from behind the boards and in front of the mic is endless. What makes noted hitmaker Dallas Austin different from these others? To start, the Dallas Austin Experience, as he calls his new venture, has a funk-soul sound that comes as a surprise. Take his new single Exasperated for example. As soon as the song begins, you’re launched into another world by the muttering of the artist. Heavenly flutes, brash percussion, and other instruments combine their powers to create a marching band sound as Austin’s robotic vocals proclaim his irritation with the world. The tune, produced by Austin, can be found on his forthcoming project, 8 Daze a Weakend.
Written by Carly on 08/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Girls In Da Bathroom" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)