Pharrell, Kanye, Swizz Beatz: the list of producers who’ve stepped out from behind the boards and in front of the mic is endless. What makes noted hitmaker Dallas Austin different from these others? To start, the Dallas Austin Experience, as he calls his new venture, has a funk-soul sound that comes as a surprise. Take his new single Exasperated for example. As soon as the song begins, you’re launched into another world by the muttering of the artist. Heavenly flutes, brash percussion, and other instruments combine their powers to create a marching band sound as Austin’s robotic vocals proclaim his irritation with the world. The tune, produced by Austin, can be found on his forthcoming project, 8 Daze a Weakend.
Written by Carly on 08/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Girls In Da Bathroom" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.