Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Back in June, Daley made his long-awaited return to our pages with Songs That Remind Me of You, a mournful jam which found him retreating into his record collection following his split with his girl. One month removed from the breakup, how is the Universal Republic R&B singer holding up? Not so well, actually. On this freshly-minted promo single, the still grief-stricken crooner goes so far as to swear off romance altogether, pledging, “I’m never gonna love this way again / I’m never gonna give my heart again / ‘Cause every time I try I end up Broken.” Producers Chris Loco and Bernard Butler offset the record’s doleful tone behind the boards, backing Daley’s poignant vocal performance with sweeping strings and a surprisingly aggressive rhythm section. This UK promo single is attached to Daley’s forthcoming debut, Days and Nights, scheduled for release at the top of 2014.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Daley’s Broken visual.
Written by richard on 08/29/13
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alone Together " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.