Over the last week or so, we’ve seen everyone from Pleasure P (Letter to My Ex) to Mariah Carey (You’re Mine (Eternal)) release poignant singles dedicated to the old flames they wished they were spending Valentine’s Day with. UK singer/songwriter Daley‘s Be is similar in theme, but its vibe is more seductive than wistful. Backed by the nocturnal synth grooves of Dre&Vidal‘s Andre Harris, the crooner uses emotional appeals, gentle reassurances and rational argument to wheedle his way back into an ex’s life. In an audacious, but well-taken leap of logic, he asks her, “It’s been so long since you’ve seen me / How can you know how you really feel?” Will she give him the second chance he’s craving? We can only hope. Fans can find Be and many more smooth selections on Daley’s debut set, Days & Nights, out now on Republic Records.
Written by richard on 02/13/14
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alone Together " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.