Over the last week or so, we’ve seen everyone from Pleasure P (Letter to My Ex) to Mariah Carey (You’re Mine (Eternal)) release poignant singles dedicated to the old flames they wished they were spending Valentine’s Day with. UK singer/songwriter Daley‘s Be is similar in theme, but its vibe is more seductive than wistful. Backed by the nocturnal synth grooves of Dre&Vidal‘s Andre Harris, the crooner uses emotional appeals, gentle reassurances and rational argument to wheedle his way back into an ex’s life. In an audacious, but well-taken leap of logic, he asks her, “It’s been so long since you’ve seen me / How can you know how you really feel?” Will she give him the second chance he’s craving? We can only hope. Fans can find Be and many more smooth selections on Daley’s debut set, Days & Nights, out now on Republic Records.
Written by richard on 02/13/14
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alone Together " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)