A Booth feature from a favorite artist can be a bittersweet occasion. On one hand, you get to hear some dope new music from that special rapper, singer or beatsmith. On the other, after you’ve given the song a few listens you have to say goodbye and patiently await his or her next appearance on our pages. We promise we won’t judge you if you get a little teary-eyed after listening to the debut feature from Irish producer Daithí, which features guest vocals from a longtime reader fave. Have to Go is an upbeat, club-banging treatment of a less-than-cheery subject. Over an adrenaline-pumping synth/percussion backdrop (featuring live fiddle by the headliner himself), indie R&B buzzmaker Jesse Boykins III lets a woman in his life know that it’s time for him to move on. Apologetically, he croons, “There’s a change comin’ in.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; parting may be painful, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from both collaborators in the very near future.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Sony Music Ireland
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.