A Booth feature from a favorite artist can be a bittersweet occasion. On one hand, you get to hear some dope new music from that special rapper, singer or beatsmith. On the other, after you’ve given the song a few listens you have to say goodbye and patiently await his or her next appearance on our pages. We promise we won’t judge you if you get a little teary-eyed after listening to the debut feature from Irish producer Daithí, which features guest vocals from a longtime reader fave. Have to Go is an upbeat, club-banging treatment of a less-than-cheery subject. Over an adrenaline-pumping synth/percussion backdrop (featuring live fiddle by the headliner himself), indie R&B buzzmaker Jesse Boykins III lets a woman in his life know that it’s time for him to move on. Apologetically, he croons, “There’s a change comin’ in.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; parting may be painful, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from both collaborators in the very near future.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
Sony Music Ireland
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.