A Booth feature from a favorite artist can be a bittersweet occasion. On one hand, you get to hear some dope new music from that special rapper, singer or beatsmith. On the other, after you’ve given the song a few listens you have to say goodbye and patiently await his or her next appearance on our pages. We promise we won’t judge you if you get a little teary-eyed after listening to the debut feature from Irish producer Daithí, which features guest vocals from a longtime reader fave. Have to Go is an upbeat, club-banging treatment of a less-than-cheery subject. Over an adrenaline-pumping synth/percussion backdrop (featuring live fiddle by the headliner himself), indie R&B buzzmaker Jesse Boykins III lets a woman in his life know that it’s time for him to move on. Apologetically, he croons, “There’s a change comin’ in.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; parting may be painful, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from both collaborators in the very near future.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Sony Music Ireland
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.