A Booth feature from a favorite artist can be a bittersweet occasion. On one hand, you get to hear some dope new music from that special rapper, singer or beatsmith. On the other, after you’ve given the song a few listens you have to say goodbye and patiently await his or her next appearance on our pages. We promise we won’t judge you if you get a little teary-eyed after listening to the debut feature from Irish producer Daithí, which features guest vocals from a longtime reader fave. Have to Go is an upbeat, club-banging treatment of a less-than-cheery subject. Over an adrenaline-pumping synth/percussion backdrop (featuring live fiddle by the headliner himself), indie R&B buzzmaker Jesse Boykins III lets a woman in his life know that it’s time for him to move on. Apologetically, he croons, “There’s a change comin’ in.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; parting may be painful, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from both collaborators in the very near future.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
Sony Music Ireland
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.