If you’re anything like me, you’ve allowed quite a few romantic opportunities to slip through your fingers due to a simple inability to think of the right icebreaker before the moment has passed. Next time I find myself in that situation, perhaps I should take a page from Daily Dose‘s book and open the conversation with a simple, “Can We Chill?” Brought to our attention by producer Sean Ross, who mixed and mastered the group’s latest project, this joint finds Cali-repping partners-in-rhyme Casey G and Nave showcasing their knack for simple, yet effective game-spitting as they chat up a chick who’s as intelligent as she is beautiful. Highlife‘s breezy synth-sample boardwork accompanies their rhymes. Like what you’re hearing? More feel-good music awaits on the duo’s Satisfaction Sold Separately LP, available for free download via their official site as of February 19.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.