If you’re anything like me, you’ve allowed quite a few romantic opportunities to slip through your fingers due to a simple inability to think of the right icebreaker before the moment has passed. Next time I find myself in that situation, perhaps I should take a page from Daily Dose‘s book and open the conversation with a simple, “Can We Chill?” Brought to our attention by producer Sean Ross, who mixed and mastered the group’s latest project, this joint finds Cali-repping partners-in-rhyme Casey G and Nave showcasing their knack for simple, yet effective game-spitting as they chat up a chick who’s as intelligent as she is beautiful. Highlife‘s breezy synth-sample boardwork accompanies their rhymes. Like what you’re hearing? More feel-good music awaits on the duo’s Satisfaction Sold Separately LP, available for free download via their official site as of February 19.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)