If you’re anything like me, you’ve allowed quite a few romantic opportunities to slip through your fingers due to a simple inability to think of the right icebreaker before the moment has passed. Next time I find myself in that situation, perhaps I should take a page from Daily Dose‘s book and open the conversation with a simple, “Can We Chill?” Brought to our attention by producer Sean Ross, who mixed and mastered the group’s latest project, this joint finds Cali-repping partners-in-rhyme Casey G and Nave showcasing their knack for simple, yet effective game-spitting as they chat up a chick who’s as intelligent as she is beautiful. Highlife‘s breezy synth-sample boardwork accompanies their rhymes. Like what you’re hearing? More feel-good music awaits on the duo’s Satisfaction Sold Separately LP, available for free download via their official site as of February 19.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.