A standout cut off the twosome’s debut collaborative set, Daily Bread‘s Elephants has received the remix treatment courtesy of Booth fave Oddisee. Here, the DMV repper replaces Apollo Brown‘s smooth instrumental with something a little darker, backing Hassan Mackey‘s poetic rhymes with a creeping bassline and tense brass stabs. In addition to copping Daily Bread’s self-titled album, out now on iTunes, fans should keep it locked for release details on Odd’s forthcoming instrumental project, Rock Creek Park, available in stores on September 6.
Written by richard on 08/30/11
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.