Back in October, when DaG’s Channel 58 was featured, our very own Richard theorized that DaG’s TV channel would have nothing but violent and offbeat cartoons, but I would argue he is more interested in old sitcoms based on his latest song, Three’s Company. I jest, Three’s Company is not named after the late 70’s ABC show about a few quirky roommates. On this ambient cut, the three amigos Janet, Chrissy, and Jack, er…excuse me…DaG, C. Jay and Fresco, share the hazy, simplistic, Dion Glenn-produced track, highlighted by a distant saxophone section. While their vocals differ, the trio share in unusual styles that play off the crawling pace and off-kilter vibe; something that your average emcee would have trouble circumventing. Three’s Company will appear on the Ypsilanti, Michigan native’s currently unscheduled Campus Corner album, set for a spring release.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.