Back in October, when DaG’s Channel 58 was featured, our very own Richard theorized that DaG’s TV channel would have nothing but violent and offbeat cartoons, but I would argue he is more interested in old sitcoms based on his latest song, Three’s Company. I jest, Three’s Company is not named after the late 70’s ABC show about a few quirky roommates. On this ambient cut, the three amigos Janet, Chrissy, and Jack, er…excuse me…DaG, C. Jay and Fresco, share the hazy, simplistic, Dion Glenn-produced track, highlighted by a distant saxophone section. While their vocals differ, the trio share in unusual styles that play off the crawling pace and off-kilter vibe; something that your average emcee would have trouble circumventing. Three’s Company will appear on the Ypsilanti, Michigan native’s currently unscheduled Campus Corner album, set for a spring release.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.