From the outside it might appear as though artists have it easy, but dynamic duo Dag Savage, with a little help from Aloe Blacc, want you to know that the recording community isn’t exempt from a battery of everyday issues. When it Rains plays host to a scratchy, vintage beat from the duo’s beatmaker, Exile, which is reliant on a catchy Brenton Wood sample. Adding to the old-school vibe, guest artist Blacc lays down a vintage vocal performance with his complementary and memorable hook. With his honest, rugged flow, emcee Johaz shares his personal troubles, ranging from paying child support to his sputtering relationship with his girl, in hopes that, maybe, the onslaught of rain will subside. In case you are interested in singing the blues right along side Johaz, The Dag Savage EP is out now and available via Dirty Science Records.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/24/13
San Diego emcee Johaz and Los Angeles beatsmith Exile have unleashed their debut independent full-length as duo Dag Savage. Their first collaborative project since 2012's The Dag Savage EP, E&J packs 16 tracks' worth of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dream Sequence" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)