From the outside it might appear as though artists have it easy, but dynamic duo Dag Savage, with a little help from Aloe Blacc, want you to know that the recording community isn’t exempt from a battery of everyday issues. When it Rains plays host to a scratchy, vintage beat from the duo’s beatmaker, Exile, which is reliant on a catchy Brenton Wood sample. Adding to the old-school vibe, guest artist Blacc lays down a vintage vocal performance with his complementary and memorable hook. With his honest, rugged flow, emcee Johaz shares his personal troubles, ranging from paying child support to his sputtering relationship with his girl, in hopes that, maybe, the onslaught of rain will subside. In case you are interested in singing the blues right along side Johaz, The Dag Savage EP is out now and available via Dirty Science Records.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dream Sequence" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.