From the outside it might appear as though artists have it easy, but dynamic duo Dag Savage, with a little help from Aloe Blacc, want you to know that the recording community isn’t exempt from a battery of everyday issues. When it Rains plays host to a scratchy, vintage beat from the duo’s beatmaker, Exile, which is reliant on a catchy Brenton Wood sample. Adding to the old-school vibe, guest artist Blacc lays down a vintage vocal performance with his complementary and memorable hook. With his honest, rugged flow, emcee Johaz shares his personal troubles, ranging from paying child support to his sputtering relationship with his girl, in hopes that, maybe, the onslaught of rain will subside. In case you are interested in singing the blues right along side Johaz, The Dag Savage EP is out now and available via Dirty Science Records.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/24/13
San Diego emcee Johaz and Los Angeles beatsmith Exile have unleashed their debut independent full-length as duo Dag Savage. Their first collaborative project since 2012's The Dag Savage EP, E&J packs 16 tracks' worth of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dream Sequence" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.