From the outside it might appear as though artists have it easy, but dynamic duo Dag Savage, with a little help from Aloe Blacc, want you to know that the recording community isn’t exempt from a battery of everyday issues. When it Rains plays host to a scratchy, vintage beat from the duo’s beatmaker, Exile, which is reliant on a catchy Brenton Wood sample. Adding to the old-school vibe, guest artist Blacc lays down a vintage vocal performance with his complementary and memorable hook. With his honest, rugged flow, emcee Johaz shares his personal troubles, ranging from paying child support to his sputtering relationship with his girl, in hopes that, maybe, the onslaught of rain will subside. In case you are interested in singing the blues right along side Johaz, The Dag Savage EP is out now and available via Dirty Science Records.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dream Sequence" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.