Those who follow the doctrines of the Five-Percent Nation sometimes refer to themselves as God Body, alluding to the belief that the Asiatic black man is Allah incarnate. With that said, you don’t need to be an NGE affiliate to appreciate the godlike mic work displayed on the latest promo single from Dag Savage. The L.A. duo’s first featured cut since March 2013’s Drugs, this mixtape inclusion sees Exile and Johaz linking up with three talented West Coast colleagues for a no-holds-barred exhibition of lyrical slaughter. The former’s vertiginous string loops and head-nodding rhythm section set the stage for aggressive guest bars from Co$$ (a holdover from the aforementioned joint), Blu and Gonja Sufi. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find God Body and much more on Dag Savage’s Warning Tape, dropping next week as the prelude to the February 4, release of studio album E&J.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dream Sequence" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.