Those who follow the doctrines of the Five-Percent Nation sometimes refer to themselves as God Body, alluding to the belief that the Asiatic black man is Allah incarnate. With that said, you don’t need to be an NGE affiliate to appreciate the godlike mic work displayed on the latest promo single from Dag Savage. The L.A. duo’s first featured cut since March 2013’s Drugs, this mixtape inclusion sees Exile and Johaz linking up with three talented West Coast colleagues for a no-holds-barred exhibition of lyrical slaughter. The former’s vertiginous string loops and head-nodding rhythm section set the stage for aggressive guest bars from Co$$ (a holdover from the aforementioned joint), Blu and Gonja Sufi. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find God Body and much more on Dag Savage’s Warning Tape, dropping next week as the prelude to the February 4, release of studio album E&J.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dream Sequence" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.