While most music fans are familiar with veteran producer Exile’s work with Los Angeles emcee Blu, the Cali producer has also put in extensive work with other artists including DJBooth newcomer Johaz. Together, Exile and Johaz have formed the duo Dag Savage, which has already proven to be a welcomed addition to the world of Hip-Hop collectives. The Southern Cali wordsmith wastes no time jumping head first into Dream Sequence with a verse that is solid from the syllable. Vocalist J Mitchell‘s sultry singing seems to almost come out of nowhere, but the inclusion really helps to complete the song. Her raspy vocals have an almost haunting quality. Not to be outdone by his fellow comrades, Exile’s production is expectedly on point on Dream Sequence. While no release date has been revealed for Dag Savage’s upcoming mixtape Salvation, be sure to lookout for the project later this summer on the homepage of The DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Dreamin" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.