While most music fans are familiar with veteran producer Exile’s work with Los Angeles emcee Blu, the Cali producer has also put in extensive work with other artists including DJBooth newcomer Johaz. Together, Exile and Johaz have formed the duo Dag Savage, which has already proven to be a welcomed addition to the world of Hip-Hop collectives. The Southern Cali wordsmith wastes no time jumping head first into Dream Sequence with a verse that is solid from the syllable. Vocalist J Mitchell‘s sultry singing seems to almost come out of nowhere, but the inclusion really helps to complete the song. Her raspy vocals have an almost haunting quality. Not to be outdone by his fellow comrades, Exile’s production is expectedly on point on Dream Sequence. While no release date has been revealed for Dag Savage’s upcoming mixtape Salvation, be sure to lookout for the project later this summer on the homepage of The DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cali Dreamin" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.