Update: We have added the Issei-directed visuals for Dag Savage’s Don’t Stop single, which were shot in Tokyo, Japan.
Some (wise) artists choose quality over quantity, but most end up dropping a lot of material (which may be mediocre) rather than taking their time. Dag Savage (a duo made up of Exile and Johaz) doesn’t fall in either category; they remain smack dab in the middle. Following features for mixtape inclusions God Body and Robo Cop, the twosome reappear in the Booth for their third feature in January; they Don’t Stop! Though Exile’s jazzy production is a little more staggered and abstract than usual (especially with the subtle, unique samples), Johaz and guest Blu are well trained in the art of emceeing and adjusts their styles to fit; resulting in a unique effort that is still sound in hip-hop fundamentals. Don’t Stop will appear on the duo’s full-length debut album, E&J, due out early next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/27/14
San Diego emcee Johaz and Los Angeles beatsmith Exile have unleashed their debut independent full-length as duo Dag Savage. Their first collaborative project since 2012's The Dag Savage EP, E&J packs 16 tracks' worth of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dream Sequence" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)