Update: We have added the Issei-directed visuals for Dag Savage’s Don’t Stop single, which were shot in Tokyo, Japan.
Some (wise) artists choose quality over quantity, but most end up dropping a lot of material (which may be mediocre) rather than taking their time. Dag Savage (a duo made up of Exile and Johaz) doesn’t fall in either category; they remain smack dab in the middle. Following features for mixtape inclusions God Body and Robo Cop, the twosome reappear in the Booth for their third feature in January; they Don’t Stop! Though Exile’s jazzy production is a little more staggered and abstract than usual (especially with the subtle, unique samples), Johaz and guest Blu are well trained in the art of emceeing and adjusts their styles to fit; resulting in a unique effort that is still sound in hip-hop fundamentals. Don’t Stop will appear on the duo’s full-length debut album, E&J, due out early next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dream Sequence" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.