Update: We have added the Issei-directed visuals for Dag Savage’s Don’t Stop single, which were shot in Tokyo, Japan.
Some (wise) artists choose quality over quantity, but most end up dropping a lot of material (which may be mediocre) rather than taking their time. Dag Savage (a duo made up of Exile and Johaz) doesn’t fall in either category; they remain smack dab in the middle. Following features for mixtape inclusions God Body and Robo Cop, the twosome reappear in the Booth for their third feature in January; they Don’t Stop! Though Exile’s jazzy production is a little more staggered and abstract than usual (especially with the subtle, unique samples), Johaz and guest Blu are well trained in the art of emceeing and adjusts their styles to fit; resulting in a unique effort that is still sound in hip-hop fundamentals. Don’t Stop will appear on the duo’s full-length debut album, E&J, due out early next month.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dream Sequence" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.