Update: We have added the Issei-directed visuals for Dag Savage’s Don’t Stop single, which were shot in Tokyo, Japan.
Some (wise) artists choose quality over quantity, but most end up dropping a lot of material (which may be mediocre) rather than taking their time. Dag Savage (a duo made up of Exile and Johaz) doesn’t fall in either category; they remain smack dab in the middle. Following features for mixtape inclusions God Body and Robo Cop, the twosome reappear in the Booth for their third feature in January; they Don’t Stop! Though Exile’s jazzy production is a little more staggered and abstract than usual (especially with the subtle, unique samples), Johaz and guest Blu are well trained in the art of emceeing and adjusts their styles to fit; resulting in a unique effort that is still sound in hip-hop fundamentals. Don’t Stop will appear on the duo’s full-length debut album, E&J, due out early next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dream Sequence" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.