If Booth newcomer DaG were in charge of a TV station, it’d broadcast nothing but cartoons—the more offbeat and violent, the better. Not possessing the necessary equipment to beam the contents of his psyche onto our flat-screens, however, the Michigan rapper/producer does the next best thing and creates a musical reflection of his eccentric, occasionally deranged aesthetic on Channel 58, the latest song release off his forthcoming street album. Backed by his own gritty boom-bap production, the artist mixes Animorphs references with weed rhymes and spine-cracking battle lyricism, couching his threats in a diabolically playful flow. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked to the DJBooth for more fresh cuts leading up to the 2013 release of DaG’s next mixtape, Campus Corner.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.