If Booth newcomer DaG were in charge of a TV station, it’d broadcast nothing but cartoons—the more offbeat and violent, the better. Not possessing the necessary equipment to beam the contents of his psyche onto our flat-screens, however, the Michigan rapper/producer does the next best thing and creates a musical reflection of his eccentric, occasionally deranged aesthetic on Channel 58, the latest song release off his forthcoming street album. Backed by his own gritty boom-bap production, the artist mixes Animorphs references with weed rhymes and spine-cracking battle lyricism, couching his threats in a diabolically playful flow. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked to the DJBooth for more fresh cuts leading up to the 2013 release of DaG’s next mixtape, Campus Corner.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.