If Booth newcomer DaG were in charge of a TV station, it’d broadcast nothing but cartoons—the more offbeat and violent, the better. Not possessing the necessary equipment to beam the contents of his psyche onto our flat-screens, however, the Michigan rapper/producer does the next best thing and creates a musical reflection of his eccentric, occasionally deranged aesthetic on Channel 58, the latest song release off his forthcoming street album. Backed by his own gritty boom-bap production, the artist mixes Animorphs references with weed rhymes and spine-cracking battle lyricism, couching his threats in a diabolically playful flow. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked to the DJBooth for more fresh cuts leading up to the 2013 release of DaG’s next mixtape, Campus Corner.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)