If Booth newcomer DaG were in charge of a TV station, it’d broadcast nothing but cartoons—the more offbeat and violent, the better. Not possessing the necessary equipment to beam the contents of his psyche onto our flat-screens, however, the Michigan rapper/producer does the next best thing and creates a musical reflection of his eccentric, occasionally deranged aesthetic on Channel 58, the latest song release off his forthcoming street album. Backed by his own gritty boom-bap production, the artist mixes Animorphs references with weed rhymes and spine-cracking battle lyricism, couching his threats in a diabolically playful flow. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked to the DJBooth for more fresh cuts leading up to the 2013 release of DaG’s next mixtape, Campus Corner.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)