After the massive global success of Pharrell Williams-assisted lead single Get Lucky, Daft Punk didn’t face too difficult a choice in selecting the follow-up. Lose Yourself to Dance boasts many of the elements that made its predecessor a hit, from the Neptunes artist/producer’s smooth vocal stylings to the masterful guitar work of Chic’s Nile Rodgers. The headliners’ trademark vocal harmonies play a more central role this time around, with the French duo engaging in some arpeggiated musical counterpoint on the chorus. Previewed at last month’s VMA ceremony, the newly-released visuals are a dazzling complement to the cut’s retro-futuristic vibe. Released in May, Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories LP is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 09/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Lucky" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.