After the massive global success of Pharrell Williams-assisted lead single Get Lucky, Daft Punk didn’t face too difficult a choice in selecting the follow-up. Lose Yourself to Dance boasts many of the elements that made its predecessor a hit, from the Neptunes artist/producer’s smooth vocal stylings to the masterful guitar work of Chic’s Nile Rodgers. The headliners’ trademark vocal harmonies play a more central role this time around, with the French duo engaging in some arpeggiated musical counterpoint on the chorus. Previewed at last month’s VMA ceremony, the newly-released visuals are a dazzling complement to the cut’s retro-futuristic vibe. Released in May, Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories LP is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 09/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Lucky" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)