After the massive global success of Pharrell Williams-assisted lead single Get Lucky, Daft Punk didn’t face too difficult a choice in selecting the follow-up. Lose Yourself to Dance boasts many of the elements that made its predecessor a hit, from the Neptunes artist/producer’s smooth vocal stylings to the masterful guitar work of Chic’s Nile Rodgers. The headliners’ trademark vocal harmonies play a more central role this time around, with the French duo engaging in some arpeggiated musical counterpoint on the chorus. Previewed at last month’s VMA ceremony, the newly-released visuals are a dazzling complement to the cut’s retro-futuristic vibe. Released in May, Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories LP is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Lucky" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)