After the massive global success of Pharrell Williams-assisted lead single Get Lucky, Daft Punk didn’t face too difficult a choice in selecting the follow-up. Lose Yourself to Dance boasts many of the elements that made its predecessor a hit, from the Neptunes artist/producer’s smooth vocal stylings to the masterful guitar work of Chic’s Nile Rodgers. The headliners’ trademark vocal harmonies play a more central role this time around, with the French duo engaging in some arpeggiated musical counterpoint on the chorus. Previewed at last month’s VMA ceremony, the newly-released visuals are a dazzling complement to the cut’s retro-futuristic vibe. Released in May, Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories LP is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Lucky" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.