To fans of futuristic dance music, Parisian house hitmakers Daft Punk collaborating with Neptunes producer and singer Pharrell Williams is the stuff wet dreams are made of. No need to pinch yourself, though—if I’m writing this and you’re reading it, we can mutually assume that it’s a (wet) reality. With that said, GetLucky is a bit of a departure from the headliners’ usual sound; though their trademark old-school synths and vocoder are present and accounted for, the heavy use of live instrumentation (including guitar by Nile Rodgers of Chic) imbues the joint with a surprisingly loose, funky feel. Pharrell’s effervescent verses, which narrate a blossoming romance, round out the package. Random Access Memories, Daft Punk’s first album proper since ‘05’s Human After All, is scheduled to drop Stateside May 21, via Columbia Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lose Yourself to Dance" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.