To fans of futuristic dance music, Parisian house hitmakers Daft Punk collaborating with Neptunes producer and singer Pharrell Williams is the stuff wet dreams are made of. No need to pinch yourself, though—if I’m writing this and you’re reading it, we can mutually assume that it’s a (wet) reality. With that said, GetLucky is a bit of a departure from the headliners’ usual sound; though their trademark old-school synths and vocoder are present and accounted for, the heavy use of live instrumentation (including guitar by Nile Rodgers of Chic) imbues the joint with a surprisingly loose, funky feel. Pharrell’s effervescent verses, which narrate a blossoming romance, round out the package. Random Access Memories, Daft Punk’s first album proper since ‘05’s Human After All, is scheduled to drop Stateside May 21, via Columbia Records.
Written by richard on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lose Yourself to Dance" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)