To fans of futuristic dance music, Parisian house hitmakers Daft Punk collaborating with Neptunes producer and singer Pharrell Williams is the stuff wet dreams are made of. No need to pinch yourself, though—if I’m writing this and you’re reading it, we can mutually assume that it’s a (wet) reality. With that said, GetLucky is a bit of a departure from the headliners’ usual sound; though their trademark old-school synths and vocoder are present and accounted for, the heavy use of live instrumentation (including guitar by Nile Rodgers of Chic) imbues the joint with a surprisingly loose, funky feel. Pharrell’s effervescent verses, which narrate a blossoming romance, round out the package. Random Access Memories, Daft Punk’s first album proper since ‘05’s Human After All, is scheduled to drop Stateside May 21, via Columbia Records.
Written by richard on 04/19/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lose Yourself to Dance" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.