To fans of futuristic dance music, Parisian house hitmakers Daft Punk collaborating with Neptunes producer and singer Pharrell Williams is the stuff wet dreams are made of. No need to pinch yourself, though—if I’m writing this and you’re reading it, we can mutually assume that it’s a (wet) reality. With that said, GetLucky is a bit of a departure from the headliners’ usual sound; though their trademark old-school synths and vocoder are present and accounted for, the heavy use of live instrumentation (including guitar by Nile Rodgers of Chic) imbues the joint with a surprisingly loose, funky feel. Pharrell’s effervescent verses, which narrate a blossoming romance, round out the package. Random Access Memories, Daft Punk’s first album proper since ‘05’s Human After All, is scheduled to drop Stateside May 21, via Columbia Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lose Yourself to Dance" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!