To fans of futuristic dance music, Parisian house hitmakers Daft Punk collaborating with Neptunes producer and singer Pharrell Williams is the stuff wet dreams are made of. No need to pinch yourself, though—if I’m writing this and you’re reading it, we can mutually assume that it’s a (wet) reality. With that said, GetLucky is a bit of a departure from the headliners’ usual sound; though their trademark old-school synths and vocoder are present and accounted for, the heavy use of live instrumentation (including guitar by Nile Rodgers of Chic) imbues the joint with a surprisingly loose, funky feel. Pharrell’s effervescent verses, which narrate a blossoming romance, round out the package. Random Access Memories, Daft Punk’s first album proper since ‘05’s Human After All, is scheduled to drop Stateside May 21, via Columbia Records.
Written by richard on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lose Yourself to Dance" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.