Famously referenced by Jesus in John 10:34, Psalm 82:6 reads, “You are ‘gods’; you are all sons of the Most High.’” Booth newcomer Daetrius Craig takes the Good Book at its word on his latest single, FNTG (FromN*ggazToGods), affirming the divine nature of himself and his people. Unlike some rappers (cough, Yeezy), though, he doesn’t view himself as omnipotent. Backed by EPIKH‘s street-ready piano loops and buzzing synth-bass, he surveys the social, cultural and economic obstacles holding black America back. In the distorted closing verse, he invokes the name of Black Power icon Marcus Garvey as he pledges to “free the Gods from mental prisons.” Kennedy Rothschild provides some intense black-and-white visuals to complement his bars. For this bracing cut and much more, cop Percy Park 101 when it drops independently in the first quarter of 2014.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)