Famously referenced by Jesus in John 10:34, Psalm 82:6 reads, “You are ‘gods’; you are all sons of the Most High.’” Booth newcomer Daetrius Craig takes the Good Book at its word on his latest single, FNTG (FromN*ggazToGods), affirming the divine nature of himself and his people. Unlike some rappers (cough, Yeezy), though, he doesn’t view himself as omnipotent. Backed by EPIKH‘s street-ready piano loops and buzzing synth-bass, he surveys the social, cultural and economic obstacles holding black America back. In the distorted closing verse, he invokes the name of Black Power icon Marcus Garvey as he pledges to “free the Gods from mental prisons.” Kennedy Rothschild provides some intense black-and-white visuals to complement his bars. For this bracing cut and much more, cop Percy Park 101 when it drops independently in the first quarter of 2014.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.