When it comes to hip-hop, who you are is only half the story; equally important are whom, what and where you Represent. Appropriately then, Booth newcomers Da Youngfellaz take the opportunity to tell us a little about themselves and what they’re repping on their latest EP single. Ralph Myerz handles production duties, layering jazzy horn licks over a head-noddable rhythm section. Over this blissfully mellow instrumental backdrop, emcees Jay Storm and Sho-Biz give us the lowdown on their hustle, acknowledging the hardship and struggle that surround them on all sides but making clear that they’re not about to settle for anything less than first place: “MJ, we go hard in the clutch / Shoot for number one, and we never givin’ up.” Needless to say, the duo don’t neglect to show some love to their home city (the Big Apple) and their indie label (New Rich). Singer KQuick guests, lending his smooth vocal stylings to the record’s chorus. Are these enterprising up-and-comers headed “straight to the top”? If you think so, keep it locked; Da Youngfellaz’ The Underclassmen EP has yet to receive a solid drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/2/11
Submit your Rating
New Rich Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.