When it comes to hip-hop, who you are is only half the story; equally important are whom, what and where you Represent. Appropriately then, Booth newcomers Da Youngfellaz take the opportunity to tell us a little about themselves and what they’re repping on their latest EP single. Ralph Myerz handles production duties, layering jazzy horn licks over a head-noddable rhythm section. Over this blissfully mellow instrumental backdrop, emcees Jay Storm and Sho-Biz give us the lowdown on their hustle, acknowledging the hardship and struggle that surround them on all sides but making clear that they’re not about to settle for anything less than first place: “MJ, we go hard in the clutch / Shoot for number one, and we never givin’ up.” Needless to say, the duo don’t neglect to show some love to their home city (the Big Apple) and their indie label (New Rich). Singer KQuick guests, lending his smooth vocal stylings to the record’s chorus. Are these enterprising up-and-comers headed “straight to the top”? If you think so, keep it locked; Da Youngfellaz’ The Underclassmen EP has yet to receive a solid drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/2/11
Submit your Rating
New Rich Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.