Maybe it’s the warm weather, but lately I have been on a reggae-inspired beat binge. It isn’t just me, however, as it sounds like Da YoungFellaz share in my island intoxication. On their latest effort, Kings & Queens, the twosome recruited producer Bangout to create a reggae-infused steel drum production. If the colorful beat doesn’t have you feeling irie, than perhaps Jay Storm and Sho-Biz’ bars will do it for you? The two add a serious edge to the laid-back cut, delivering grimy, energetic verses that render this record as suitable for the streets as it is for the beach. Honduran-born guest artist Letra contributes some chanted bars, while singer Kami provides the song’s hook. Part of Da YoungFellaz’ #MusicMondays series, this record will not be on their upcoming album, Sophisticated Arrogance, set for release on June 25.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
New Rich Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.