Maybe it’s the warm weather, but lately I have been on a reggae-inspired beat binge. It isn’t just me, however, as it sounds like Da YoungFellaz share in my island intoxication. On their latest effort, Kings & Queens, the twosome recruited producer Bangout to create a reggae-infused steel drum production. If the colorful beat doesn’t have you feeling irie, than perhaps Jay Storm and Sho-Biz’ bars will do it for you? The two add a serious edge to the laid-back cut, delivering grimy, energetic verses that render this record as suitable for the streets as it is for the beach. Honduran-born guest artist Letra contributes some chanted bars, while singer Kami provides the song’s hook. Part of Da YoungFellaz’ #MusicMondays series, this record will not be on their upcoming album, Sophisticated Arrogance, set for release on June 25.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
New Rich Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.