Maybe it’s the warm weather, but lately I have been on a reggae-inspired beat binge. It isn’t just me, however, as it sounds like Da YoungFellaz share in my island intoxication. On their latest effort, Kings & Queens, the twosome recruited producer Bangout to create a reggae-infused steel drum production. If the colorful beat doesn’t have you feeling irie, than perhaps Jay Storm and Sho-Biz’ bars will do it for you? The two add a serious edge to the laid-back cut, delivering grimy, energetic verses that render this record as suitable for the streets as it is for the beach. Honduran-born guest artist Letra contributes some chanted bars, while singer Kami provides the song’s hook. Part of Da YoungFellaz’ #MusicMondays series, this record will not be on their upcoming album, Sophisticated Arrogance, set for release on June 25.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
New Rich Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.