Maybe it’s the warm weather, but lately I have been on a reggae-inspired beat binge. It isn’t just me, however, as it sounds like Da YoungFellaz share in my island intoxication. On their latest effort, Kings & Queens, the twosome recruited producer Bangout to create a reggae-infused steel drum production. If the colorful beat doesn’t have you feeling irie, than perhaps Jay Storm and Sho-Biz’ bars will do it for you? The two add a serious edge to the laid-back cut, delivering grimy, energetic verses that render this record as suitable for the streets as it is for the beach. Honduran-born guest artist Letra contributes some chanted bars, while singer Kami provides the song’s hook. Part of Da YoungFellaz’ #MusicMondays series, this record will not be on their upcoming album, Sophisticated Arrogance, set for release on June 25.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
New Rich Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.