Another Hump Day is upon us - if you’re encouraged by the fact that we are officially midway through another work week, then why not treat yourself to some good music that will tide you over until the weekend? May we suggest F*ck A Rap Critic by Da YoungFellaz, a bouncy boom-bap, dreamy string-sampling, Method Man-quoting gem produced by Statik Selektah? These days, opinions and criticisms of hip hop are no longer limited to the pages of music publications. Anyone with an Internet connection and some free time can weigh in, much to the chagrin of many artists. When do you draw the line between being a fan and being a critic? Can both co-exist in the same space? Whichever side you’re on, this is definitely a track worth paying attention to. Unfortunately, it won’t be on Da YoungFellaz’ upcoming LP, Sophisticated Ignorance, due on June 25, but be sure to check out their last DJBooth feature, October’s Incognito. in the meantime if you’re digging what you hear.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
New Rich Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.