Another Hump Day is upon us - if you’re encouraged by the fact that we are officially midway through another work week, then why not treat yourself to some good music that will tide you over until the weekend? May we suggest F*ck A Rap Critic by Da YoungFellaz, a bouncy boom-bap, dreamy string-sampling, Method Man-quoting gem produced by Statik Selektah? These days, opinions and criticisms of hip hop are no longer limited to the pages of music publications. Anyone with an Internet connection and some free time can weigh in, much to the chagrin of many artists. When do you draw the line between being a fan and being a critic? Can both co-exist in the same space? Whichever side you’re on, this is definitely a track worth paying attention to. Unfortunately, it won’t be on Da YoungFellaz’ upcoming LP, Sophisticated Ignorance, due on June 25, but be sure to check out their last DJBooth feature, October’s Incognito. in the meantime if you’re digging what you hear.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 04/24/13
New Rich Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.