Another Hump Day is upon us - if you’re encouraged by the fact that we are officially midway through another work week, then why not treat yourself to some good music that will tide you over until the weekend? May we suggest F*ck A Rap Critic by Da YoungFellaz, a bouncy boom-bap, dreamy string-sampling, Method Man-quoting gem produced by Statik Selektah? These days, opinions and criticisms of hip hop are no longer limited to the pages of music publications. Anyone with an Internet connection and some free time can weigh in, much to the chagrin of many artists. When do you draw the line between being a fan and being a critic? Can both co-exist in the same space? Whichever side you’re on, this is definitely a track worth paying attention to. Unfortunately, it won’t be on Da YoungFellaz’ upcoming LP, Sophisticated Ignorance, due on June 25, but be sure to check out their last DJBooth feature, October’s Incognito. in the meantime if you’re digging what you hear.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 04/24/13
New Rich Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.