“So… Who Do You Know here?” It’s the oldest party ice-breaker in the book—the question you ask when you can’t think of anything else to say. A question that, until a minute ago, I wouldn’t have believed it possible to make sound suave. Turns out, the trick is to be D.A., and deliver the query over an appropriately smooth beat by Supa Dups and it certainly helps that, in the scenario described on this cut, one of two new singles off the Chester French frontman’s forthcoming side collaboration with the Jamaican beatsmith, it’s coming out the mouth of an alluring female and not an awkward dude. Over Dups’ lush and breezy, Caribbean-flavored instrumental, the singer-songwriter describes his encounter with a fly female at a local soiree. Though he enters the conversation with nothing in mind but a little flirtatious small-talk, her potent combo of beauty and intellect (“It’s shocking to me that she’s smart at all / I don’t expect it much in Hollywood.”) quickly leave him bewitched. Digging this breezy jam? While D.A. & The Supa Dups has yet to receive a solid drop date, fans can, as always, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/27/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.