“So… Who Do You Know here?” It’s the oldest party ice-breaker in the book—the question you ask when you can’t think of anything else to say. A question that, until a minute ago, I wouldn’t have believed it possible to make sound suave. Turns out, the trick is to be D.A., and deliver the query over an appropriately smooth beat by Supa Dups and it certainly helps that, in the scenario described on this cut, one of two new singles off the Chester French frontman’s forthcoming side collaboration with the Jamaican beatsmith, it’s coming out the mouth of an alluring female and not an awkward dude. Over Dups’ lush and breezy, Caribbean-flavored instrumental, the singer-songwriter describes his encounter with a fly female at a local soiree. Though he enters the conversation with nothing in mind but a little flirtatious small-talk, her potent combo of beauty and intellect (“It’s shocking to me that she’s smart at all / I don’t expect it much in Hollywood.”) quickly leave him bewitched. Digging this breezy jam? While D.A. & The Supa Dups has yet to receive a solid drop date, fans can, as always, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/27/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.