It was only a matter of time before a group of emcees would look at Run-DMC teaming with Aerosmith as an inventive median for Hip-Hop and totally run with the idea. Low and behold, ATL’s own Shop Boyz have fused Rap and Rock & Roll into an enthralling hybrid and put it to work in their crazy single Party Like A Rockstar! What makes this single such a banger are the emcees’ drawling Southern flow blending perfectly with the killer guitar riff heard throughout the record. Seeing that Shop Boyz is only an act you can find down South at the moment, there is no doubt that they’ll get everybody round the country partying like they do. T-T-T-Totally Dude!
Written by Lochy N. on 04/10/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party Like A Rockstar (Remix) ft. Lil' Jon" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)