It was only a matter of time before a group of emcees would look at Run-DMC teaming with Aerosmith as an inventive median for Hip-Hop and totally run with the idea. Low and behold, ATL’s own Shop Boyz have fused Rap and Rock & Roll into an enthralling hybrid and put it to work in their crazy single Party Like A Rockstar! What makes this single such a banger are the emcees’ drawling Southern flow blending perfectly with the killer guitar riff heard throughout the record. Seeing that Shop Boyz is only an act you can find down South at the moment, there is no doubt that they’ll get everybody round the country partying like they do. T-T-T-Totally Dude!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party Like A Rockstar (Remix) ft. Lil' Jon" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.