It was only a matter of time before a group of emcees would look at Run-DMC teaming with Aerosmith as an inventive median for Hip-Hop and totally run with the idea. Low and behold, ATL’s own Shop Boyz have fused Rap and Rock & Roll into an enthralling hybrid and put it to work in their crazy single Party Like A Rockstar! What makes this single such a banger are the emcees’ drawling Southern flow blending perfectly with the killer guitar riff heard throughout the record. Seeing that Shop Boyz is only an act you can find down South at the moment, there is no doubt that they’ll get everybody round the country partying like they do. T-T-T-Totally Dude!
Written by Lochy N. on 04/11/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party Like A Rockstar (Remix) ft. Lil' Jon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.