It was only a matter of time before a group of emcees would look at Run-DMC teaming with Aerosmith as an inventive median for Hip-Hop and totally run with the idea. Low and behold, ATL’s own Shop Boyz have fused Rap and Rock & Roll into an enthralling hybrid and put it to work in their crazy single Party Like A Rockstar! What makes this single such a banger are the emcees’ drawling Southern flow blending perfectly with the killer guitar riff heard throughout the record. Seeing that Shop Boyz is only an act you can find down South at the moment, there is no doubt that they’ll get everybody round the country partying like they do. T-T-T-Totally Dude!
Written by Lochy N. on 04/11/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party Like A Rockstar (Remix) ft. Lil' Jon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.